Peckham Rise FAQs
How does the selection process work?
Follow the links to our application form. This is an online form, which should take about 20-30 minutes to complete.
Whenever a subsidised desk space is coming free, we will review all previous entries against a defined set of criteria set out further below.
How much does it cost to apply?
Nothing – totally free to apply.
Can I include supporting images/videos in my application?
I am just starting my business, can I still enter?
You can. However, we are looking for committed entrepreneurs with developed ideas, and a key criteria we consider is whether it is sufficiently developed to allow you to make to most of the desk space being offered. Our ultimate goal is to provide people with the setting to grow their business over the year of support to be able to become a long term member of our space.
What is the application deadline?
This is a rolling application process with no fixed deadline.
We are a team of more than 1 person, can we still apply?
The support is designed for individuals, but we will consider applications for more than 1 person, subject to availability and our general judging criteria.
What happens if I am selected?
If you are selected, we will contact you to let you know, set up a contract and organise a time for you to come in for an induction and to meet our team.
What is the judging criteria?
We will be scoring applications against the following things:
1. Connection to Peckham or surrounding areas
2. Barriers faced due to socio-economic background or ethnicity
3. Personal potential, vision, innovation and drive
4. Ability to make full use of the space and contribute to the community at Market
Contribution to Local Area
What do I get if I win?
The winners will get a 50% subsidy against a desk of their choice, for a full year.
This allows complete and fully inclusive access to our workspace, including free weekly events, member perks and access to a huge community of fellow entrepreneurs, as well as high quality facilities in a professional, welcoming and carefully designed setting.
How much are the subsidised desks?
Our subsidies cover 50% of the list price of a hot desk or fixed desk membership in our workspace. For full list pricing please see our hot desk and fixed desk pages.
A refundable deposit equivalent to 1 months’ rent will be payable to reserve your space.
Where is it?
The workspace is across three floors in Market – 133a Rye Lane, Peckham, London SE15 4BQ, opposite the station and next to Khan’s Bargain
Anything else I need to know?
Just a few terms and conditions…
1. By entering an application and providing a contact email address, entrants opt in to receive future email alerts about this programme and any further iterations of it. Email addresses will only be used for communications about this programme and will not be shared with any third-party organisations.
2. The names of selected businesses will be shared on Market website and social media channels.
3. Market’s decision is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into surrounding this decision.
4. Entry into the Competition implies acceptance of these terms and conditions. Market reserves the right to refuse to award or withdraw subsidies for anyone found to be in breach of these terms and conditions.
5. Market reserves the right to withdraw subsidies for anyone not making use of the workspace for a prolonged period, in order to be able to offer this to someone who would make better use of it.
6. Market agree not to disclose any Confidential Information to any third party without the prior written consent of the other Parties and applicants, unless they are required by law to reveal the information.
7. All applications will be considered confidential. Winning applicants and brief descriptions approved by the applicants may be used in publicity of the subsidy now or in the future.
8. The intellectual property of any submitted ideas will remain with the applicant and any arrangements they have made with their group or previously involved parties will be confidential
E-mail us and we’ll be happy to answer them for you.